Today weve been snuffling and groaning our way through things. S+C both got a clean bill of health from the practice nurse at the surgery despite their illnesses. Ive been meaning to register them for ages but only needed to yeaterday and weve been here almost 2 years!
But most of the morning was greeted with great excitement, a big brown box and a delivery from http://www.beadmerrily.co.uk/
I was intending to keep it for Chloes half term but to be honest im too wiped out right now to do much with them so I let them loose. They shrieked and whooped and shared ripping it open with gusto.
Sophie produced some lovely things, churning them out at quite a rate! I had to remind her she would get bored if she did too many! She was happy letting her creative side flourish for hours in a way that drawing or colouring just doesnt satisfy.
Connor found his pirates kit much more difficult. We know he has a problem with fine motor skills so this is brilliant practice for him. He also cannot transfer a 2D image to 3D ( as proved through his ed posych assessments) so this is something which he needs to practice lots. He worked hard with me 'helping' ( ie sitting watching closely and advising on where he was up to in the picture every now and again) He also has a very short attention span and poor memory so this is quite a task!
It was really interesting to see how he worked through the pattern, pretty much like I work a cross stitch in practice, moving from one connected area to the next. But in theory I was thinking "well start here and work this bit then..." but of course he never did, always finding his own way of working out.I was really proud if him and he was proud of himself.. so proud he showed dad who upended part of it and explained " I thought these things were fixed or something!"
Fortunately after Declaring "Oh Dad! Do you know nothing??" he was calmed and Dad helped him restore all the hard work!
Sophies masterpieces are below.. Connor didnt finish his, such is the effort and concentration thats involved.Ill post it when he finishes it!


1 comment:
Well done everyone - Hettie has probs with fine motor but she enjoys doing these as well.
Lisa
Post a Comment