Monday, 25 February 2008

Ive decided

We( but I think really that means I) need to get a bit more organised now I'm working more so that the kids have things to do which can be done with minimal help or at the very least so we know where we are day to day and week to week! Given that I never know when Ill be needed to work it makes planning pretty difficult and very little has been done lately, even taking into account two consecutive 'half term' weeks. Chloes and the local one which happened on a different week in each!

Im lucky that I have the support of family and wonderful friends which lets me work but it also means any structure seems to have slipped completely of late and two people lately have said "send whatever it is they are doing with them" and Ive had to admit to myself that they dont actually have anything planned for that day and of course, off the cuff I have to find something! Far too much choosing appears to have been happening!( which of course is very doable at home!) We recently invested in an education city subscription and its made life so much easier already. They like it and are very happy to sit and get on with a set of games I can preselect while I work with the other or get on a bit!. Today i even managed to get through 3 loads of washing and tidy up while Sophie read, Connor did some Brainy Blocks and both completed some education city stuff.

Connor is going to stay with Darrens mum for a couple of days this week so Ive invested in an Easter lapbook pack from Homeschool E store for them to get on with.
He's really not at all keen on workbooks, although he will do them if he has to and MIL doesnt have broadband so he wont be able to use education city.
We were discussing the Easter Story today on the way to his speech therapy appointment and I was surprised how much he remembered from school so I hope it will make a nice project for them to share. MIL is a sunday school teacher so this is her bag!I also want him to have things he can use to practice his writing which arent too demanding and he isnt faced with pages of lines to fill. Hopefully a lapbook will be fun for them both!

Sophie and I will be going to London on wednesday for a course run by Kidscape for bullied children, we had to pay for a hotel as it starts early on the thursday morning so I figured we could visit a museum or something on Wednesday. All suggestions gratefully recieved! Weve already done the natural history museum and science museums. Im feeling a bit anxious about the course, I'd hoped time would be a healer and I'm sure it is but its scary how much the bullying she stuffered affects her still.
I doubt much blogging will get done again before the weekend and I have to go to Chloes school on friday for her OT assessment!

2 comments:

Lima said...

Hope the course goes well. Its good that they can do something like this for the kids.

No suggestions for places to visit though and its probably too late anyway... (or how about the London Eye?)

Like you, I must get more organised...

Lxx

Anonymous said...

Hope the course has gone well(as you wont get this until you get back now) And I hope you found somewhere fab to visit. Look forward to seeing your post about it all.

C
x