Thursday, 14 February 2008

Half Term

Here... and now Ive ventured out food shopping its a total annoyance, Kids everywhere!
But it does have its compensations. There was a very quiet knock at the door yesterday lunchtime and when i opened it there was our old next door neighbours son who, on his first time allowed out in the village alone had decided to venture up and call on Connor who was delighted to see him. They used to spend every day playing together before he moved about 4 months ago and theyve really missed each other!
They spent lots of time chalking on the drive and using their target for ball games etc. Sophie drew a lovely sun before my nightmare neighbour from next door appeared and said "Are you REALLY going to let them do that??" and looked at me in horror then looked down in disgust at what she clearly percieved to be mess and when I said "Mmmm yes :)" muttered something about vandalism!

Ahhh so, keeping the kids awake with dance music all hours is fine, them chalking on their own driveway in the sun is antsocial! Fantastic logic there. I wonder how a drawing of the sun and a target impacts upon her life, space or health exactly? Hee hee. Needless to say they will be allowed to chalk out there whenever they like so she'd best get used to it!

The little lad visiting was her Nephew though so I suspected that curbed her a little and she turned on her heels and went back in!

The lads had a lovely time and played happily all afternoon, Connors been invited back on sunday and he's so pleased. They spent loads of time touching and play fighting and hugging each other as if they needed to physically reconnect. It was lovely to watch.
Connor woke this morning and promptly projectile vomited everywhere! Wonderful!
Sophies gone to a friends house today thanfully so ive been able to give him some attention
She spending the day with a friend from school who has grown several inches taller than her since last year!. So theyve spent all day doing girly things and Ive not heard from dad to ask me to get her so I take it everythings going fine.

Connor and I spent the day playing dominoes and using the sets of numbers to practice his times tables( thanks L for that suggestion!) and hes played on education city while I printed off some bits from enchanted learning for him to do. He's decided spain will make a nice project so weve been looking for pictures to include and bought him a project book to stick it all into.NO more puke thankfully! He even managed some dinner when we took my mother in law to the supermarket

Chloes home tomorrow and I can't wait! I have to try and find the energy to tidy up the girls bedroom tonight/tomorrow as its still a tip despite Sophies efforts to tidy it/keep it clean
It will be lovely having lots of space to ourselves to enjoy and she'll be joining in some Home ed activities with us.Her half term is different from everyone elses. the next time shes home for any length of time will be in March.. its such a long time apart but shes already said shes happy staying at the weekend and spending time with her friends out in the playing fields/village and doing the activities and trips she used to miss out on.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a strange neighbour you have. I'd go out and join in LOL!! Bet you're really excited about Chloe coming home.
Lisa x

Shirl said...

Yes, some people are very strange. I love chalking and hopscotch - I never see hopscotch now, I used to love playing that when I was a kid.

Have fun with Chloe! .... :0)