We'd been having a lovely week, Id worked and we'd visited friends nearby which was lovely as Sophie has been very lonely lately and it turns out that company was just what her friend A needed and having met at home ed group they turned out to have lots in common and will probably end up spending lots more time together!
I came down with an awful cold last wednesday just as I was starting my first full shift in my new job and got sent home on Thursday from work after 2 1/2 hours as I was worn out. I didnt have much time to rest as I had 2 hours before Home ed group and I was needed to open the hall.
I'm so glad I did, it was lovely to see so many families there, the most yet!
Hello to everyone who attended and it was great to catch up with people I havent seen since before Christmas and their news.One family came as part of their holiday, visiting family from the USA!! I hope they will come again, it was great to hear how they do 'home schooling'
The kids all had fun doing crafts and having fun playing :)It really cheered me up despite me looking and feeling dreadful!
When it was over I packed up the car up, came home and collapsed in a heap which is pretty much where Ive stayed!
I was planning to celebrate chinese new year with some food and crafty bits for the kids but all that went by the by! I spent most of friday asleep and this morning, waking up and forcing myself to stay awake and watch the rugby. Wales didnt dissappoint thankfully making the effort worthwhile!I'm ready to collapse again now!
Thankfully Darrens mother offered to look after the kids this week on the condition "They bring their work with them" and was most impressed with the progress she can see theyve made since we started home educating.Shes still under the impression we spend all day every day 'doing school' but I suspect after this week she wouldnt be crushed if I let on thats what we do most days, just a couple of hours of structured work and Connor especially is making far more progress than we were seeing when he was at school. I havent even bothered looking at what they did, I havent had the energy! When he was home this week he spent loads of time this week on the woodlands junior school website playing loads of games! Its the most amazing site It seems amazing that a school provides all this!( certainly its not like the school websites Ive come accross!)
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/
MIL was just worried about them sitting "all their GCSE's like other kids" I told her I expected they might sit what they needed but I didnt think any child benefitted from the stress of sitting 9 or 10 GCSE's in one go, all in a 6 week period and rather than opposing me ( as I expected) she agreed! Looks like Home ed is an englightening experience for her too!
Meanwhile we are enjoying 'life in cold blood' on BBC1... and Im going to buy the first three series of Coast with an amazon voucher we were given for Christmas as they enjoyed the series but we didnt see them all and keep catching short exerpts of ones weve seen! Most frustrating!.
The kids are enjoying the French books I bought from the book people ( The lucy cat stories) and so Ive ordered more. We also signed up to a trial of education city which I hope they will try more of as I get better and can pester them to use it! Sophie seems to be enjoying it so far :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment