Sunday, 11 May 2008

Its been a long day!

And Ive been in work again all day....and rescued a child who was in difficulty for the first time. Im amazed how calm I was, I'd always been worried when it happened I would panic but I was cool and he was just fine. PHEW!

I got home to find the kids had had a lovely day...
Chloe's sore but surviving! Her friends mum said she had kept an eye on her and she had a good day and was managing fine with parcetamol, although she was shuffling about alot she has been swimming in a lake nearby today and spent last sleeping on loungers under the stars in the garden :) a really big step for her, I never thought she would be brave enough to do something like that, although we've camped previously! She seems to have had a really lovely time.
Sophie and Connor went up to Darrens mums to see her and spent much of the day mooching around, no fighting( thankfully) at home in the garden.
Connor seems to have spent much of the day indoors playing/on the pc/watching Tv but he isnt good at being out in hot weather !

I got home about 4.30 and Sophie made curry for us all, very hot to be eating in this weather but she enjoyed making it so we sat with the doors open to the garden enjoying the sunshine while we had tea.It was really nice not to have to cook too!She's made another card today for one of her other cousins, she was really pleased with the results.

Tonight Darren was out taking down the qashing and discovered that today some bees have built their nest inside the pole which holds up our washing line!

The kids were fascinated seeing the holes they have bunged up with a substance which looks rather like mud and the lowest one which is being used by bees for access to the hive.

the holes are all the same size, this is the only one 'open' the others havent shown up very well in the pic! We will have to look up how bees make their hives and colonise etc

2 comments:

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

How weird is that!

Lima said...

Glad Chloe is feeling a bit better today.

Hope the bees don't mind you hanging your laundry out!! :-O

Lxx