Today seems to have been one of the wierdest for a long time! No home ed got done ( unless you count Connor playing around with a mirrors book for 5 mins this afternoon!)
It was completely taken up with irrelevancies and time wasting! This morning I had an appointment at the hospital, only to drive there, be told all my results were normal but referred immediately to my GP, who saw me but sent me away and asked me to return a week later claiming the hospital and I were wasting her time.... Ho humm.
then the landlady phoned, the bank hadnt paid the rent into her bank account ( great, what a start to things) so chase that up....
managed to get some shopping done or there would have been no lunch, popped to the local home ed meeting( late as usual) breaking open packets of stuff from said shopping for something to eat for'packed lunch' ( without the 'packed') in the car park ( the height of disorganiastion and slovenly neglectful motherhood) and made it into the meeting...
Left to drop shopping home and meet my mum and Sophie off the train, she stayed over there last night, hello, goodbye and then into Kwik fit for tyres( all 4.. I almost fainted!), asked the guy "do you have time to do them by 3.40ish... he looked at me as if I was a bit dim and said "Its only 3...
I finally arrived home, in Hubbys car at 4.10 after he dropped in and we swapped cars( should have started work at 4) kids in tow and him still waiting for my damned car!Got out of car and a huge howl went up... Sophie had trapped her finger in the door of hubbys car!
I sorted the icepack and tissues and really did have to drag her into work with me clutching her hand and yelling into the mobile for hubby to shift his butt( before being calmly reminded he needed my car to shift in which was taking rather longer than anticipated)
Hubby finally turned up at 5.20 ( I kid thee not, the trip is about 3 miles from kwik fit to work)
Soph was then carted off to hospital. still shaky and crying with Hubby protesting "They wont do anything anyway"
errr Sophs now well bandaged and slinged having broken her finger.
Work was a nightmare, no dinner when I got home ( the footy is on, what should I have expected? a miracle?)
ah well at least I have wine, Im sure everything else can wait until tomorrow!
On the plus side, Chloes extra happy as shes been given a bedroom of her own at school( her absolute ideal situation) and is bouncing with happiness. Shes also top of the school in housepoints( the indicator of who is working hardest)
Connors decided he will start tae-kwondo tomorrow after almost chickening out and lots of tears last night when he went to watch and declaring "I dont care of its hard, it looks really hard. Im going to go and practice until I can do it( not bad for a kid with dyspraxia)
Sophies managing ok with her hand and mum told me she was extra kind today, insisting they helped a young mum who was breastfeeding to get on the train! She also cooked tea last night for my mum and dad :)
Im so proud of them on days like this when everything else is falling down round my ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh dear, not a good day then! Still I'm dinner free and just on the wine as well !! Glad its not just us LOL
Tomorrow's another day!
Wow, what a day! Elle
Post a Comment