Sunday, 4 May 2008

GGGGaaaaaaaaah!!!

Ive come to post an update and have found the blog locked... due to it being a possible spam blog or having a link pointing to a specific site or site which crops up often... so I'm guessing that would be the home ed webrings then?? If you ( whichever human reads this and decides if its spam) are looking through my posts reads this, please sort it!
I suspect it was also because a spammer posted on my blog a couple of weeks ago, which is why Ive put comments into moderation. Its blinking annoying! Ill definitely be looking into alternative platforms now.

Sophie's day in the new school was cancelled due to the teacher being absent for the day, she was gutted but it was rescheduled for a week later and the visit took place on Friday. She loved it and came home full of what she had done and the people she had met, including a child she was in her primary school with who had been removed "because mum and dad weren't really happy with it"... so were not the only ones who think "The best school in the area" ( allegedly) isnt all its cracked up to be then!

She appeared to have managed very well with the lessons she was given, was asked to write about her family in English rather than take part in a spelling test with the rest( although she said she offered). She seemed to do OK with the maths she brought home, although I'm not really sure what level it was, since they don't use the national curriculum. She came home raving about all the kids though ( even the boys) which is the main thing for me, she had enjoyed an afternoon playing rounders in PE and is asking when she can return, completing her 'homework' this weekend which she later admitted she hadn't been asked to do, just felt daft not having finished it...
So I guess that's an unequivocal 'yes' from Soph then..... although she did say she didn't want to go every day so maybe if we can flexi school its going to be what makes her happiest for now.

I cant publish this so Ill post it when I am allowed and my blog is unlocked... now to go and search for alternatives to blogger... GRRR

No comments: