I'm completely knackered... No amount of sleep seems to be helping but then I'm not getting a lot Ho, Hummm.
Ive worked every evening this week so I can have Chloe's precious half term to spend with the kids and am steadfastly refusing to work anything other than my set classes that week.
Last night was a nice, if late one. The local Sikh association held its annual social event in the centre and I worked until 1am. I was knackered but it was a lovely night, the people were fantastic and not only invited us to join them for their meal, the ladies insisted I take some home for the kids :) I was gently scolded by one of the old ladies for not having large ice cream tubs to decant mountains of curry into too and told next year I must bring some!
So its the most delicious curry for tea for the family, I wont get any... Ill be in work again..!!! GRRR.
Ive worked every evening this week so I can have Chloe's precious half term to spend with the kids and am steadfastly refusing to work anything other than my set classes that week.
Last night was a nice, if late one. The local Sikh association held its annual social event in the centre and I worked until 1am. I was knackered but it was a lovely night, the people were fantastic and not only invited us to join them for their meal, the ladies insisted I take some home for the kids :) I was gently scolded by one of the old ladies for not having large ice cream tubs to decant mountains of curry into too and told next year I must bring some!
So its the most delicious curry for tea for the family, I wont get any... Ill be in work again..!!! GRRR.
Chloe's home tonight though and I can't wait. Mum and Dad suggested they drive down to get her as we've been invited to join the whole school trip to Techniquest in Cardiff Bay and so she can stay home tonight, spend some time with Granny and Grandad this afternoon. She said she will pop down and see me in work for a couple of hours. I wanted the night off but its not possible,loads of people have gone off sick (nothing to do with the nice weather of course... Im such a cynic!)
I can't wait...I miss her so much when she's at school and bury my sadness and get on with it then shes on her way home and I get all teary. I'd home ed her if she wanted to be but shes incredibly happy in school with her friends.They went to Longleat yesterday and after being told on Friday that she didn't want to go because "longleat is crap and its for kids" guess where shes insisted we go back to in half term??
Ive waited to go for a while so I think Ill exchange some tesco vouchers for passports its quite pricey otherwise!
Connors Miquon has arrived and looks really interesting, if a little easy for what he can do, but this is a plus in my mind!He can get used to the style of working without it introducing any new concepts. 

Ive also ordered these books from Amazon after looking at one at Amazon and the one-to one book has arrived.They look really good for activities to dip in and out of.I was also reassured that my thinking on Connors learning to read was backed up, just expose him to enough books and often enough and he will carry on wanting to read enough to keep at it!The author also shares my love of 'traditional' literature and recommends loads of books Ive already bought for the kids. Im looking forward to the other title arriving now, although it looks like Sophie will start at school in september neither book dictates that "You must home educate" and also suggests how to best supplement anything which is happening in school. Maybe that will make me feel better about sending her back!



2 comments:
So glad Chloe will be home with you again. Its great she enjoys school and you allow her a choice, even when its hard on you.
Looking forward to seeing how you all like the Miquon. H likes the I Can Read It series of books, she actually read half of one on her own!
I read both those books about a year ago and thought they were brilliant, they confirmed a lot of what we were thinking and doing. Longleat's smashing, I went loads of times as a child, places like that stick in your mind.
Post a Comment