Tuesday, 15 January 2008

Chloe was much better today so we managed to get on with life a little! Connor had his tuition at Dyslexia Action today and we used the time to rush into the City Centre and get Chloe a new pair of school shoes. Why do kids always wear their shoes out a week into term, not when it would be convienent, in Dec so we could get them organised ready for Jan?
This time however it paid dividends- literally! Our usual shoe shop didnt have anything in her size /widthso we had to rush to Clarks and see if they had anything( both rare occurances!) before Connor was due out we ran through town and left 10 mins later with a pair.... cost? £5 to say I was thrilled is an understatement. Money is tight in this house and I cant help thinking some higher power engineered the nice ( but dear) shop to sell out of her sizeand made me go to a shop we would never usually find something in....

We returned home and after lunch the girls set about doing their paper automata books which we'd bought from Tarquin Maths for Christmas. They are very fiddly and Chloe especially found them challenging. Connor decided he would rather hide in his room with a DVD! Peace reigned, even if it was just for an hour- No bickering! Wonderful!


We got the initial pieces cut out before it was time to leave for Connors first swimming lesson with a new teacher in a new pool.
Weve changed his lessons from the local pool to the one at the centre I work in. I'm so glad we did. He said his teacher was 'just the coolest' and didnt shout at them, spent lots of time showing ( which is what connor needs) I even saw him lying on the floor demonstrating!
Connor bounded out at the end raving about what a lovely time he had having tried somersaulting in the water and Butterfly stroke for the first time!
Not bad considering he could just about doggy paddle across the pool last May when we took him out of school.

The kids caught me watching the end of Hughs Chicken run last night too and now want to watch the series.I looked for free range chicken in the supermarket this week and there was none! I decided it was better not to buy a chicken at all as an alternative to an intensively reared one. The cupboards and freezer are all full for now anyway after this shop so hopefully I can keep to my 'spend very little' pledge for this month!I just hope the kids dont turn veggie on me after watching Hughs Chicken run.....

4 comments:

Lisa G said...

The Cosmic Supply Company at work -
http://sometimesitspeaceful.blogspot.com/2006/11/re-post-cosmic-supply-company-feb-05.html

Jenny said...

Oh I think its definitely delivered! Makes a whole lot of sense!

Allie said...

Funny, we're already veggie but I've been wondering if we might have a fledgling vegan on our hands!

Lima said...

Apparently we've run out of FR chicken locally too. I didn't look because I wasn't going to buy any at all, couldn't face the thought of eating it...

Glad you got your shoes, a bargain indeed!