Sunday, 27 January 2008

Feeling down

Really down.... I think at last my resolve to remain here has completely gone. Ive never liked this house, we moved in because it belonged to a friend and was cheap. He just wanted someone to look after it following numerous tennants wrecking it ( and its still a wreck pretty much)
Its too small for all of us, we cant have visitors and people dont call generally. Friends who have been here have said the can see why it drives me nuts. We all basically live in one room which is approx 4m by 5m.
Recently we had new neighbours, relatives of the lovely people who lived next door before them. Theyve been here about 3-4 mths. In that time Ive become more and more depressed, the children more tired. Neither work and they play dance music with a ferocious base line until the early hours, keeping the kids awake .
We've politely approached them about it on several occasions. The excuses have ranged from "He's just upstairs watching the telly whats the issue?( what? with dance music pounding away?) to tonights "its not that loud, hes just testing his speakers" ( as our living room furniture was shaking perilously and lampshade swinging!) and "I cant hear anything wrong with it to be honest, its in my house" She then claimed it was all fair enough since she had hurt her leg last night tripping over the towbar of our caravan ( yes, really, that was the justification!)

The previous family left saying "err well good luck, we wouldn't want to have to live next door to them"... incidentally we never heard them... they had 3 kids, inc a toddler who alledgely cried all night when he was ill!!!

We've decided to phone the landlord who we are aware knows their landlord and have a word. If that fails we will have to move for definite. Now doesnt seem to be the time to try and buy and rents here are ridiculous money ( which we dont have)

To top it all Chloe went back to school tonight, complete with football boots( £6 in a sale thankfully!) and everything else she needed for school....and thats all our budget for the week gone..... sometimes I feel like everything is falling apart around me and theres sod all I can do about any of it as much of it simply depends on other factors/people. Im seriously contemplating the kids returning to school to get our head back above water without cancelling their dyslexia tuition, Chloes OT ( which Im battling the LEA to get them to pay for as they should be... inc writing to the assembly member!)
and they have pleaded with me not to do( so dont I feel awful) but I cant see how I we will afford to move otherwise:(
I shouldnt moan, I have so many things to be proud and thankful for, I just cant summon the energy for them at the moment. The downsides seem to cloud everything.

1 comment:

Gill said...

That's bad news Jenny. I lived for 10 years in a house I hated so I can definitely sympathise. We had the noisy neighbours too. I had to keep a diary of the hours when the noise was bad, for the council, and phone the police when they had drugs parties. It's hell when you've got little children living next door to that, isn't it? :(

But I'm in a good place now and I'm sure you will be too - if I could, you can! And I thought I would never find a way out of that. I reckon you'll do it a lot quicker than I did ;-)

Spring is just around the corner - it will make things look different. Just a few weeks to go until then xx