Sunday, 13 January 2008

BLAAHHH

Firstly I got through the week, one of the toughest things Ive done in my life 8-6 every day, 4-6 hours in the pool every day and theory, first aid, CPR ...I just did the course came home, did homework( yes more work on top of the long hours!) went to sleep and got up and repeated it over again! The exam was 3 hours long and we were scrutinised and questioned until I thought my brain was going to pop and swam until my lungs burned( we had to do timed swims and show various rescues ) but we all passed so I was thrilled! Im now qualified as a lifeguard enough to do a better job at the centre where I work( so now I wait for any vacancies which they might have with baited breath). The aftermath is me exhausted with a whopper of a cold sore, feeling really rough!The girls came with me into work yesterday and were so well behaved and helped set up and put away the soft play. The staff complimented them on how good they were and they were no trouble.
Its also made me realise it would be a perfect course for a home educated child to take as a pathway into employment once they were 16+ ( the min age). Its tough physically and mentally but nobody asked me if I had any previous quals or experience.. I had to be physically fit, helpful, with excellent comunication skills, able to work as part of a team and swim very well.....could be worth some parents of older teens investigating mabe?

Now to get back to normal service, getting through all the washing and tidying up the house, its like a bomb has hit it!Id love to get myself a 'lady who does'!!!

The kids have had the most fantastic week being so well cared for by K, N and their wonderful kids. Connor just said he's had 'masses of fun'... Sophie seems to have spent every day cooking and is now inspired, shes going to teach me to make Felafel and Naan bread from scratch!! Cant wait! She really enjoys it and has quite a talet for it. She said she wants to try a three course meal in a few weeks so we'll get doing some meal plans this week and look at menus etc.Shes also going to come shopping with me to choose her ingredients this afternoon, apparently its steak pie for tea!
She also took part in a trampolining competition today and I think she did really well. I dont know where she came though as they were running an hour late and we had to rush home as soon as she finished as Chloe was in the house ill and I didnt want to leave her for long as my neighbour was keeping an eye on her!

I cant wait for tomorrow to come and we can get back to doing some work. Ive spent about an hour with them in total all week up until today!!Ill be doing science this week I think, Sophie wants to go through her new 'Human body' pop up book and told me very solemly that the funny bone is really called the 'Hillarious' in medical speak(nearly chickee!) which had me in stitches.

Chloe wont be going back to school tonight though thankfully, shes gutted but Ill enjoy spending some time with her. She likes her new houseparents loads and they have 4 children aged 9- 16weeks so shes in her element keeping them all amused in her spare time. Im really pleased shes settled so quickly after being very anxious about going to a new house and brand new houseparents who were new to the job too so it was something of a baptism of fire for everyone!
She has a hard time settling in when she first started at school so its wonderful not to have to worry. Apparently they are very like Darren and I in parenting styles and expectations which Im sure makes it easier.I was expecting huge upheaval and tears on the phone every night so Im extremely relieved thats not happened!

Now off to the shop... Sophies nagging for ingredients!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Well done Jenny on passing your course - all the hard work was worth it. Nigella Express really good for easy type meals - I use it all the time. Lisa x

stefndawniy said...

so isn't Chloe going back to boarding school now? Oh I know i'm nosey, got quite engrossed here reading your blog, very interesting, what a juggle it is doing work and home ed.
Love the pic of the opera house.
x

Lisa G said...

Ooohh, you've been busy! G is going to do the lifesaving certificate, she's already a rookie lifesaver, she's got her eye on long summers with my sister in the States working at the local pool. Talking about cooking, Iz has found her cooking mojo over the past few months - we should set them both up on a cookathon and freeze it so we don't have to do it for a week or two!
See you soon - have you booked the museum sessions yet?

Jenny said...

No school for Chloe, at least for a day or two. Apparently a few girls have it so I think I can safely assume since its such a small school that a few of her roommates are pukified too!
Lisa the cookathon sounds fab... lets dig out those tuppaware tubs and get them creating! She cooked spag bol last night in the end - from scratch.. which was delicious!