Monday, 8 March 2010

We're Back!!

In the world of blogging!
Almost two years after my husband announced suddenly he was leaving, dropping the bottom out of all our world I now feel its time to blog again, encouraged by some wonderful home educating, blogging friends and facebook... I decided I miss blogging, catching up with peoples lives and sharing my own. Life as a single parent isnt easy but weve coped, we've regrouped, found some balance and new direction both in life and educationally ( can you seperate the two?)

In 18 mths so much has happened! The kids are obviously all bigger,louder, sometimes it seems messier! Sophies been to school, had a lovely year and a term at the little independent Christian school she chose and decided to de-register at Christmas, having done what she felt she needed to and returned to home education. She still has lots of friends who phone her loads and she keeps in touch with via Facebook, shes taken herself off on the bus today to go in for lunchtime with the others and catch up for the first time since Christmas and the teacher was happy to welcome her back for a visit which was lovely!

Chloes home for the mo, having decided boarding is all too much for her, anxious to complete her GCSE's but unable to deal with the emotional upset of being seperated from us we're trying to decide how to proceed. I guess she will be de-registered but that too would make me sad. Ive offered to move house but the other two, quite naturally said "But this is our home, we dont want to leave" and I share their reticence!

Connor, well... hes just Connor! his direction educationally has become more and more unschooled, resisting and rejecting all structure and finding his niche by playing, endless playing, much more like the behaviour of a younger child. Everything is a game and hes thriving on it. Everything from multiplication to literacy is done through puzzles and computer games.Practical things are done by experimentation and knowledge is gained through documentaries and the odd books. Makes me wonder really what the school system did to him so young ( he started at 3 full time as part of an early years pilot project) and regret now ever sending any of them when I see the thirst for learning some kids have. Its coming back slowly though.

So its a new year, a new start, spring his here... its a time for new growth and a return to blogging and well... thats about it really!

6 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Welcome back to blogland :) x

Jax Blunt said...

ooh, more blogging, excellent :)

Strumpet said...

I love reading ppl's blogs, especially ppl I like! Looking forward to more blurb :D

Sproglet said...

Whoo, a new blog to read :)

Where are chikunz plz??

Sproglet said...

and hello Strumps!

Strumpet said...

Ello Sproglet! ;P