Sunday, 14 March 2010

regrouping, recharging, reassessing,renewing

Weve had a horrendous few weeks, for various reasons. Many people who know me personally will know why, I dont feel the need to go into it. Lets just say I hope a healthy dose of karma will satisfy the urges I have to strike back! Regardless- I just dont have the energy!
Weve had friends staying for several weeks who have now left us- it was lovely to have them but towards the end of their stay it became very stressful. Its nice to get 'our' space back, routine,interests, food and so on.
Its all sapped our emotional energy to the extreme, I know my health has suffered, Ive been ill for three weeks now, have lost almost a stone and have only just managed to stay out of hospital when my asthmas been bad. Its my lovely friends who have given me strength to see this last couple of weeks through. I especially was so glad when Matt ( My man) came back on leave this week from the RAF and provided some hugely needed TLC for us all, lots of cuddles, fun and laughter, silliness in the park with the kids.
The kids seem anxious and sad and I decided no more! On and up and we deserve to shut ourselves off from "committments" and do our own thing for a while.
So Ive decided this week there wont be any 'work' Im actively banning it. Not very unschooly granted but no maths, english, nothing which doesnt make us feel good and nothing which has any room for failure which might sap our spirits. Early beds, long walks, lots of crafts and cooking , gardening, time spent with friends and the camera coming along for documenting it all.
Will report back on its effects at the end of the week I guess!

No comments: