Sunday, 1 June 2008

A Happy 'half term'

Chloes been home for 10 days and we've had a remarkably calm week, minimal fighting which is unusual but a real blessing and the kids have had lots of fun.
We havent really done alot, thanks to Sophies broken finger alot of activities had to be curtailed, including a fab 'den building' session wise up organised. I was gutted to have missed it, it looked loads of fun! But we've done quite alot anyway!
Mondays concert fun took a day to recover from, we were all worn out. We had planned to visit Longleat but the vouchers from tesco didnt arrive so thats on hold for now, much to the kids dissapointment so Tuesday saw us all just mooching around, having a pleasant lunch out and sorting the caravan a bit.
Usually we find the younger two dont do much structured stuff in Chloe's half term as 'its holiday time' but this week weve managed to do a fair bit. Chloe has reading and diary writing to do so we included her in whatever we were doing. She asked for some maths to do and so I printed her off a set of worksheets.. she did what I envisaged would maybe take all week in 15 mins!!!
They all had fun measuring angles with a protractor as that was in Sophies maths book and both Sophie and Connor have spent lots of time playing with an angles game on the woodlands school website . We intended to watch Springwatch but havent had time! Ill have to get catching it up on I-PLayer this week

On wednesday we went to the local home ed group and the girls got crafty with wool while Connor munched his lunch, played ball and whinged he felt ill so we went home cue a killer headache and him retiring to bed at about 6 ( he must be ill!) Sophies made some lovely cards using her 'draw write now' bookand the girls got right into the 'Flat Traveler' project recommended by Bridget and Linda and got busy making their flat travellers. Their first traveller is soon to head down under and were going to organise the journal and scrapbook this afternoon

Sophie joined in her first swimming club session and is excited about the Gala which will be held at the end of June which she has been told she will have to practice hard for. Connor moved up a level in swimming and impressed his new teacher with his backstroke which pleased him no end!

We spent yesterday visiting my middle Brother, we dont see him very often so it was nice to catch up again and spent the evening in a complete talent show slob fest in front of the TV first watching "I'd do anything" then "Britains got Talent" finals. I usually hate these shows with a passion and I tolerated the BBC one for the girls but enjoyed Britqains got Talent and we were all thrilled when George won. The kids agonised over which results show to watch but finally settled on ITV. They can watch the BBC one when Im at tesco! I can shop in peace! Meanwhile the girls are making 'Beautiful music' after finding the recorders and book... time to go shopping! My poor ears!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Yay for recorders, drums, violins and trumpets!! Have a peaceful Sunday!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a busy half term, mmm recorders, not my favorite sound!!

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Hope you all enjoy doing the Flat Travellers. Seems like a busy weekend. Elle

Lima said...

Hope you find the flat travellers fun too.

Recorders,hmm we are supposed to be doing recorders too but I managed to forget somehow....

OhLookADuck said...

I started reading your blog from the Flat Travelers group, especially when I saw you have Bridget's blog on your list.
Your list of homeschool reasons from November was the best I have ever seen. I'm going to tattoo number 11 somewhere. Great, great list!
I have/had two dyslexic boys. My oldest didn't learn to read until he was about 8 and my youngest is just now a proficient reader--at 13! And he still struggles with some things. Very concrete thinker, and he isn't able to extrapolate meanings in a conversation. I'm hoping he will find ways to compensate soon.
Anyway, congratulations on bringing your children home! We've loved it.
Karen B.