Monday, 21 April 2008

Where the hell do I begin?

Is the question facing me tonight! Im looking around and wondering where to start!
We get the keys to the new house tomorrow night and the task seems daunting to say the least! Whenever we've moved in the past its been me whos done the packing... all of it!
Just like when we go on holiday, its my job! Moving the furnture is 'his' job alledgedly, he'll get his mates over and it will all go swimmingly ( except it never does!) Im seriously contemplating professional movers for the furniture if we can afford it ( please god let it be so!)

Chloe went back to school tonight, all tears last night, doesnt want to go, hasnt done her presentation right,her mate isnt going back anyway so why should she...?... by this evening I called her and its all "Oh mum its lovely to see everyone and Im sharing with the new girl and she likes everything I do and Ive finnished my presentation and its all on powerpoint for tomorrow and its just FAB" and her mate who swore she wasnt going to go back,of course she was there *rolleyes*!
I was really sad, I had to work so its the first time Ive not taken her at the start of term but she didnt seem to notice really. Thankfully Darren stayed and settled her in, helped her unpack etc! Its her last term in the lower school and she is sad, Im sad too. Im sure the upper school will be right for her in september, the lower school has done so much for her,its where shes learned that she can succeed that school isnt for her a place where shes a failure.Shes totally blossomed and Ill always be thankful to them.Im just trying not to think about september which will be full of new opportunities and new challenges!

Its odd to think by the time she comes home next we will be moved into the new house... she said "Its odd, Ive slept here for the very last time now" and yet we havent even packed anything at all up.
With her returning to school, education proper for the others should get back on track in terms of routine but of course with moving I dont know if that will happen.
I'll do my best to get them working on something they can do relatively independently in the hope I can get on with some packing. If they arent engaged in something seperate they will regress to toddlerhood and start finding "treasures" which just of course cannot be parted with at any cost in the boxes I end up with which are destined for the charity shop!Moving is a good excuse to get shot of all the toys they long outgrew but wouldnt let me get rid of. I suspect I will be squirrelling them away in the middle of the night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Chloe is doing so well in school.
Moving is a terrible stress at times isnt it! Try to look at it as one box at a time rather than surveying it in its entirity(spelling?).
Good luck with it.
C
x

Lisa said...

Oh I don't envy you all that packing and sorting - mind you good way to have a clear out.