Having discovered that I can set the blog to private if I want to post anything again and those who asked me to be a reader will be automatically reinstated!
The Easter holidays have dragged. Ive not spent an awful lot of time with the kids since Ive had to work. I took them in with me on many days but of course they are in with all the other kids. Work has been OK for the most part but the house is a tip. Nobody tidied anything much up for a fortnight so I'm surrounded by chaos. The saying "Nobody notices what I do until I don't do it" is very true here! Sophie's managed to completely miss a weeks trampolining ( I'm furious) as I had no idea she hadn't been going when Ive been in work. Allegedly 'nobody knew'
I was meant to be taking them to a fire station for a home ed visit but I didn't even wake up this morning until after the time when we needed to have left! whoops! I hope Ill be forgiven by the organiser!
Its nice now the schools are back to spend some time with them. I worked a ridiculous amount of hours last week but were off to Spain soon so we'll have a fortnights uninterrupted time!
Its nice that Chloe gets the month off or I just wouldn't see her on her own! We've been shopping this weekend to get some clothes for the holiday and she chose some lovely things. I'm not sure whether to be sad that she no longer fits the kids clothes or happy that shes in adults clothes and is choosing some flattering, tasteful stuff!
Shes taller than me now ( not hard, I'm short) but I'm left feeling "when did that happen without me noticing!"
Education has started again for all three with Chloe wanting to join in with the younger two We spent some time this morning looking at the local and national maps of Spain and finding our route to the caravan site from the airport on both.We talked about scale and detail and how to look at maps to plan a route to various attractions that they fancy visiting( we wont have time for them all!)
Chloe's done some of her presentation on a hobby which she has to deliver when they go back to school. Sophie has done an exercise on 'debates' and structuring argument from a SATS revision guide this morning before getting on with some maths work.
Connor did some reading which he did really well. I hope hes catching his peers, the book he chose was labeled 6-8 years and he's 9. He managed with just a few hiccups.
He's done some 'draw write now' and drew a very pleasing Koala bear. He did the writing underneath too. He finds drawing and writing so difficult he was overjoyed when his Koala looked like a koala! Chloe was interested so shes sat down and completed a giraffe complete with nice writing underneath which she will take back to school to show her English teacher whos been nagging her about improving her handwriting.
They really like the 'draw right now' series so huge thanks to Merry ( patch of puddles) who put them on her blog. I'd never heard of them before!
http://www.drawyourworld.com/ is their website, they are available at a discount from amazon.
The kids are now using domino's to practice adding and Sophie's busy with the abacus working out her divisions which completely foxed her! Thanks granny for digging out uncle Jo's old one ( hes now 23! Thankfully she doesn't throw good stuff out!)
I have to go into work for an hour later and am dreading it.... this holiday is definitely coming at just the right time!Todays gone so quickly, I dont know where the time has gone!
Its snowing here again..... roll on wednesday and I hope its warm in Spain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi, It's nice to see you back, just found you again on the ring
Post a Comment