Sunday, 23 March 2008

Its been ages since I blogged anything here. I just havent had the time!
We've been to Center parcs with some fab HE friends and had a lovely time, despite the rain, saw lots of wildlife, rode bikes and swam lots. We spotted lots of birds, saw some deer, just yards from our villa and the kids all enjoyed trying some new things. G went tree treking! ( scary !) and Connor tried his hand at Archery and Badminton and was fairly good at both! We went to a wonderful session, chosen by I for her birthday treat where the children all held an owl and had a tiny one fly from glove to glove. They were thrilled,esp I who clearly was quite anxious at first about it but glowed with excitement as the bid sat quite happily on her glove( as I shivered with cold!)
It was wonderful swimming every day, L and I spent loads of time sitting in the jacuzzi, including a very memorable evening under the completely black, clear sky, dotted with twinkling stars as the kids swam and threw themselves down the rapids and slides!
Ive got some lovely pics which Ill add in a seperate post, it takes so long to upload them!

Chloe was in a car accident on the way back to school a fortnight ago. Described by the taxi driver at the time as "a little bump" Darren sent her off to school( the accident was less than a mile from our home), only for me to discover the next morning that it was rather more than that and since nobody thought to take her to hospital nor tell me she was in school unchecked!

To say I was furious was an understatement! School took her to hospital immediately I told them she hadnt been checked out and I collected her on tuesday morning and took her back to Center parcs with me. She was ok, a bit sore from whiplash but enjoyed spending time with her friends and swimming helped her back.
I was glad she was with me on the wednesday when she took herself off to bed and sobbed with shock for a couple of hours!
It later transpired the crash was fairly severe, the taxis doors had to be tied on and the car towed and the taxi driver lied to the police and told Chloe not to say anything about the other driver being on his mobile phone ( as we dont want to get him into trouble do we?) Turned out thats why she didnt contradict the drivers version to Darren, nor did she tell anyone how much her back hurt!

Darren went straight to the police, we have the insurance details at last( after several angry phone calls to the LEA transport people) and she will hopefully be able to have some physio while shes home on her easter holiday!
Needless to say no more taxis to school, I'll be taking her myself. Another family near us has offered to share lifts.

On the 16th Sophie was in a trampolining competition, her first at grade 4 ( where it starts to get quite serious- qualifying scores etc)
She did really well, completing all her routines, despite a major wobble the day before when she confessed she didnt feel at all confident and we spent 2 hours in work going over each part of her routine over and over!
It paid off and she got on on the day and looked calm and composed, coming a very respectable 6th place and winning a team gold medal! I was really proud of her and the head coach at her club has congratulated her since she she was utterly thrilled about. He's sparing with the compliments so she knows she really deserves the praise which is lovely for her. Shes worked so hard at it lately!

Ive had to go invite only on the blog because I wanted to share the video and it wasnt possible to password just the one post!
I think Ill probably be starting a blog on a different site in a few weeks and will take down the video, while leaving this blog as an open one and linking to the new one where I can protect posts with passwords if Im posting anything which isnt for public consumption!
If you know anyone who wants an invite then feel free to pass on my email and Ill add them. I dont want to be 'invite only' but understandably I also dont want random strangers seeing my DD in her leotard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, poor Chloe- thank goodness she's ok!!! I would have been furious too.
Well done Sophie on her trampolining.
C
x

Lisa said...

I would have been furious as well! Hope Chloe soon recovers, glad she is OK!

Brilliany trampolining, well done Sophie!

Glad you all enjoyed C Parcs.
Lisa x

thenewstead6 said...

That's awful about Chloe. Can't believe the taxi driver made her lie; hope he has been disciplined? I'm glad she's ok now though. x

Ruth said...

Oh what an awful thing to happen to Chloe. My dd's taxi driver drove her into a skip and glossed it over:( Grrh. I am glad she is getting better.