And for once I'm not worried about my kids, home ed, the rabbits, the future etc
Why am I blogging at 1.10am?? because my new next door neighbour has decided its an appropriate time to play dance music! Therefore I'm awake,Id be amazed if his children aren't too.I wonder how the cope in school the day after he does this? His sister who was the previous tenant was lovely but did bid us a woeful "err well good luck with him" when she told us he would be moving in. Followed by a "umm well hes not that bad...err" Well I think I can say he's really not my preferred choice of neighbour right this second!
Oh well... since I'm up I need to find things to do so Ive printed off a load of things for the kids to do with grandma tomorrow. mainly multiplication sheets. Connor is learning his tables using a multiplication grid so Ive sorted out some exercises so he can work out the sums using the grid. Ive done Sophie some 'simple' harder problems, multiplying a Tens and units number with a single number.
Ill be interested to see if she can do these or not and see whether its time to rewind and cover the same or very similar work with them both for a little while.
Ive also done them some 'nets' to create 3D shapes which hopefully they will enjoy.
They both really enjoy doing the puzzles from their multiplication colouring book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Multiplication-Tables-Colouring-Book-Fundamentals/dp/0906212855
Which I scan and print from so they can use the book over and over if they need to.
I'm picking up lots of ideas from the way Chloe's teachers have helped her learn her tables in school. The colouring book and multiplication square appear to be key tools and shes now lightening fast with recalling them from making these grids and doing the colouring puzzles over and over
Connor really surprised me today, he asked to read two books and read much of the text by himself, he completed gaps in a Multiplication grid by following a completed one and then decided that he would do lots of literacy games on the BBC bitesize website. He managed to complete lots of exercises on alphabetical order, even the harder ones . Its good to see his Dyslexia tuition sessions are proving their worth for him.
Sophie did three pages of maths , scales and conversions but she was a bit flummoxed by pints into litres, litres into gallons so Ill get the measuring jugs and scales out on Thursday and do some hands on stuff with her.
Shes started writing a story using a story planner in one of her English books and it's really unusual for her to actually want to sit down and write a story. I hope she will carry on with his with gran and look forward to reading the results on Thursday!
Now off to bed to TRY and get some sleep before I yawn my way through this two day training course in work! (I wonder whether I can be the dummy and sleep while others bandage me??;-))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment