In terms of there being three Siblings, not two is a challenge in this house. Its one of the major drawbacks of Chloe boarding, everything gets thrown on its head when she comes home. Now I'd much rather her be here with us all the time but since its not possible we all have to readjust when she returns.
I spend most of my time just touching and hugging her until I drive her nuts and she spends much of her time going "OH SOPHIE/CONNOR/MUM" at us in frustration at various things, usually because they arent 'right' and she wails "I want to go back to school" where everything is familiar and ordered. Usually that also means that the other two's home ed pretty much grinds to a halt because "its holiday now so...." ( from whoever decides to use the getout clause)
I was extra worried as we moved house while Chloe was at school and shes spent relatively little time here so I was worried she would react particularly badly ( she needs familiarity and takes a long time to adapt to change, she gets quite anxious and tense until she adapts) usually whatever I plan she manages to disrupt even if shes not required to be involved!
The end result is usually screaming, shouting, conflict, physical fisticuffs and allegations that I love one of them more than the others as I try and right various wrongs, end various squabbles and restore order and calm from the chaos...
This time however I managed to glean areas that Chloe needs extra help with and decided she could work on those while shes home. We had a chat last night and she agreed it would be a good idea for her to keep up with her maths and reading After some initial reluctance ( in the form of much whinging and a few tears and "Its not fairs, I work hard I shouldnt have to...") she finally came and sat down with the others ( after I'd ignored her for quite some time and said she was fine to choose whatever but unfortunately I was busy with S+C) and asked for a multiplication colouring puzzle like the others had. After completing it said "err you know those games you said you had...?" and spent quite some time on them! So we've had three happy little people squirrelling away today round the table or on the PC, few arguments! They made a lovely lunch without being asked. Then we went shopping as Chloe and Connor both needed new trainers.Now the girls are busy baking a cake for my Mum's belated birthday treat.
Its all been so good Im waiting for something to go so drastically wrong..... They are being so good they making me nervous ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Nice to catch up - love the Glastonbury pics, must go next year. Well done Chloe, fantastic work. Mmm I worry when they're being good as well!!!!!!!
Post a Comment