Tuesday, 30 October 2007

A lazy day

Well for me it was both but it felt like hard work... the cough/cold hit with a vengeance and I can hardly breathe and feel dreadful. Being 1/2 term for school here I did toy with the idea of taking them into work( they run a playscheme there) and I could have gone back to bed but decided against only to have been told later that they would have loved to have gone... Oh well live and learn!
Sophie and Connor spent the morning mooching around, playing with the rabbits and watching the latest episode of 'Coal House'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/coalhouse/
Theyve really got into this is in a big way,living in a welsh mining village( the pit head less than 100 metres from our front door where the local school now stands) its very relevant to us.
Darrens relatives all worked in the mines in S Wales and during the time in which its set. Their late great-grandfather would have been a boy( he died a few years ago and they adored him) Its really sparked their imaginations and they want to know more about the village,the mine and how people would have lived here when it was open.
Next week we will visit big pit http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/bigpit/ at their request but they decided to give it amiss this week due to my illness and it being half term. They much prefer places when they are quiet and can ask questions of the staff at museums etc.

They spent the afternoon doing some more Halloween activities while I managed to get an hour in bed! Theyve learned to make a mean cuppa since theyve been home too- Bliss!
Connor played a phonics card game with Dad when he got home as well as completing a few halloween worksheets from enchanted learning and Sophie played for quite a long period on the 'Dance mat typing' game on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/

The pumpkin wasnt quite ripe enough to carve today( and I didnt have the energy!) hopefully tomorrow night they can tackle it with Dad!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ooh! I like the typing link. Thanks for that. Julie